What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

thoughts and recommendations for fuel supply line

bugsy63

I'm seeking advice or recommendations on routing the fuel supply line from the "red cube" on the firewall to the flow divider which is on the left side of my Mattituck IO-320.

My choices appear to be: the "high level" route through the rear baffle, either adjacent to the standard blast tube penetration or below this, inboard of the standard ignition wire penetration location or; the "downward" option, between cylinders 2 & 4.

In the high level options, I will have the engine mount to contend with, understanding that the engine can move up to 3/4" relative to the mount. The closeness of engine mount structure to the penetration may present challanges in compensating for the movement and possibly a pinch point.

The downward option between the cylinders will require modification to the baffle that Mattituck install between the oil return lines and the base of the cylinders.

I favour the high level route but would like advice or perhaps photos of other configurations.

Thanks in anticipation of your recommendations

Nothing wrong with mounting the red cube on top of the engine and routing the fuel line between the cylinders and through the baffle. A plastic snap bushing will easily tolerate the heat in that area as well. Use straight or sweep angled hose connections to the red cube to avoid turbulence and erroneous readings. All hoses should be heat shielded.

Back