What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-6A N142DS David Schaefer

dwschaefer

N142DS first flew on October 4, 2004.

n142dssideed1.jpg

n142dsreariq7.jpg

Being a 'Geek', my goal in designing the primary systems was to equip the aircraft with the safest, most up to date systems available with no single-point of failure and no vacuum. The plan was to use modern 'all glass' EFIS systems which were just becoming available in late 2003. The finished aircraft has dual, completely redundant electrical systems which power the GRT EFIS displays, Garmin and Avidyne avionics with XM digital weather.

cockpitlittq0.jpg

In keeping with the ?modern theme? the power plant is an IOF-360 from Mattituck with Full Authority Digital Engine Controls (FADEC) under a Sam James plenum.

engineyo5.jpg

The only recent change has been the addition of the Infinity Aerospace grips which I now believe are far superior to any other grips on the market.

cockpitcq6.jpg

It took a long time, but N142DS has been the most satisfying project I?ve ever worked on and I continue to marvel while zipping along through the skies that ?I built this?!!

DWS

Dave, just love your panel. If you can, where and how did you get your annunciator panel. Just what I'm looking for and it is a bear finding all the parts and schematics. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Awesome!

Yes ! One of the most gorgeous panels ever. A friend would like to know if it would be politically incorrect to ask what the ...er...ballpark $$ were for the entire panel. He is just starting his 7, :)
Regards,

otterhunter2 said:
Dave, just love your panel. If you can, where and how did you get your annunciator panel. Just what I'm looking for and it is a bear finding all the parts and schematics. Thanks in advance.

Very nice 6A and great panel. I too would like to know more about the annunciator panel.

Thanks,
Greg

Back