What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Best software to process videocam footage on PC?

svanarts

Well Known Member
Just looking for a little guidance from those who have done this already. What software are you guys using to convert your video footage for PC viewing? I'd like to be able to do simple editing, and be able to compress the files as much as possible. I know Windows XP has a movie editor but...eh...it's Microsoft so there has to be better stuff out there. I can google for this type of software and probably download a ton of it to try out. I'd just like to know if there are any particular favorites out there. Thanks!

I like Pinnacle. It's got more features than I'll ever need, but it's simple to use - point, click, and drag. Good luck.

I've used Pinnacle Studio 7 to edit a few home movies. It works pretty well. I switched to using Adobe Premier Elements, and so far it also seems quite good and a little more robust. I'll warn you now that editing video takes some serious CPU power, hard disk space, and memory!

Back