What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

N46RV RV 6

Jaypratt

Well Known Member
Mentor
RV-6 N46RV Jay Pratt

My First RV was as standerd kit. I Called Vans and ask for a kit. They said a wing would take 3 months to ship. I said I would build it in three months and I needed the kits now. It happened.
I went to my EAA Chapter meeting and ask for a RV 6 kit for sale. Two men had kits for sale. I bought a Tail kit and a Wing kit on the spot. Three months later I had the tail and wing built. Ordered the Fuselage, it was delivered, in the three months, and I started on it. 12 months after I decided to build a RV I had the thing on the gear and a new Lycoming hanging on it. I flew three months later. Kit start,July 15,1995 start, first flight Oct 18, 1996
My first RV6 took 18 months and a lot of blood sweat and tears. Lots of fun. 500 hours of fun flying, I sold it and bought another kit. Named it N46RE.... The 'Borrowed Horse'. In between, I build a RV 8, one of the first in Texas, flew it 62 hours in 62 days. And helped finish up a RV 4 for a friend. I loved the 8,,, Every time I have test flown a RV 8 I think "I got to have one of those".
Well the RV8 'Borrowed Horse' is well along in its conctruction. I hope to show it off next year, 2007. It is the 'Borrowed Horse' ....Who ever buys my RV 6 will not get the name. I am turning 60 next month so the new N # will be N46RX !! hope I can stay healthy and fly it a long time

Last edited by a moderator:
Back