What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel and Vent Line Questions

Scott DellAngelo

Well Known Member
Does anybody know how far out the side of the fuselage the fuel feed and vent lines need to stick out? I was trying to measure looking at the wing just now and my guess is ~2 3/4" for the vent and ~2 1/4" for the feeds? Can anybody verify how far the flair needs to be from the side of the fuselage? I am going to start running the tubing tomorrow and i'd like to get the distance right (or close enough) so I can have the fitting on and waiting. Also it appears as though they are both straight shots out on the 9 wing?

Thanks,
Scott
#90598 (Fuselage kit 95+% done)
N598SD reserved

i have 2 1/2" from side of fuse to lip of finished flair for the feed and 3" for the vent hope this helps. bob mcmillin rv-9 workin on canopy bow.

Don't bother running the vent until the wing is on, it's only a short tube. About the fuel line, I left mine long then trimmed it when I first put the wings one for drilling the bottom skin. It really wasn't much to have someone hold the wing tip while I used a small tubing cutter to shorten the tube. Once the wing was one I was then able to make it right where I wanted to. I then put the fitting on when I pulled the wing to do all those nutplates.

Thanks Bob. 2.5" feed 3" vent. That's what i'll do. Since I already fit the wings and did everything (but this) I would rather not have to put them on take them off again to flair a couple tubes. Now if only I did not waste last night when my wife wasn't around replacing the undersized AN4-12A bolts in the gear weldments with 13A's I might have actually started bending up the tubes.

Scott
#90598 (Fuselage kit 95+% done)
N598SD reserved

Back