What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bill's Around The World RV-8 Quest Hits A Snag

DeltaRomeo

doug reeves: unfluencer
Staff member

Stuck in India and he could use your help. Current situation listed at the bottom of
www.eaa119.org.

Highlight below...
"He is having lots of trouble getting India to respond. He has an agent working on it and the New Zealand Pilot (not British as I said before) is helping but I think he needs a sponsor on the ground in India. Are there any private plane pilots in India.. Ahmedabad? I guess his clearance could come through but so far they are asked to send faxes and then India says they never got it. They call and they are not there etc. on weekends they are closed for three days. It is difficult. I thought maybe the EAA knew some pilots in or from India?? Can anybody help Bill get clearance through India? If so, please e-mail:

helpbill 'at' skyhighway.com

Idea to help Bill: I,m not in a position to do this but someone should contact DELL Computer Corporate, Public Relations or EAA members in San Antonio that work there. Dell has a large contingency in India and pump in a lot of dollars, maybe they have some influence. Let's put those Dell Dollars to work for us or find a Good American Computer Company, if there is one.
Roger Robertson.
Amarillo, TX

Help in Dubai

I just received this from Morris Tull in Dubai, via the [email protected] Yahoo RVs in Australia list:

Mickey,

I am living up here in Dubai and am the pilot below trying to help Bill get his clearances to India.

We have got to the point that India DGCA only accepts applications for over flight or landing clearances into India from a local agent who must send application on an Indian form only obtainable in the Indian AIP filed in triplicate to a fax number that is listed with errors. The local agent or some one else will basically also be a sponsor while in India. The security checks on the pilot take place and he may have a clearance in next few days. Phone calls to Delhi have helped find the usable numbers.

Bill now has got an agent with Indian connections plus hopefully some sponsors in India out of the many replies he received from the message on the Vans air force forum. All his many previous attempts have been lost or not replied to, but not failed through lack of trying.

The spirit of the RV builders around the world to help a fellow RV pilot is amazing.

Bill?s RV8 reg. N878DZ is the smallest aircraft on Dubai airport; it is parked in the Bizjet area amongst G5s and Lears with the backdrop of 30 or so Emirates aircraft at the terminal.

His trip is true testament to the capabilities of this great little plane.

Bill will be planning to fly down to Bali, Darwin and on to Brisbane and even wanted to go across to NZ. I hope you guys can meet him and help out on his way through Aus.

Regards Morris.

Sounds like Bill is in good hands.

Back