What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Enjoying the Forum..Newbie

H-Ottawa

Very informative forum.
Looking to get back into aviation after a Hiatus.

The RV line of aircraft are very interesting.
Looking forward to reading more about your treasured wings.
Cheers :)
Harold
Ottawa

Very informative forum.
Looking to get back into aviation after a Hiatus.

The RV line of aircraft are very interesting.
Looking forward to reading more about your treasured wings.
Cheers :)
Harold
Ottawa

Welcome aboard Harold and if I can help answer any of your questions about the 9, either building or flying, feel free to ask.

Hey

Hello Harold
There are a lot of rvs up your way. Carp and smith falls I believe. Should your travels bring you windsor way, happy to burn some avgas with you.

Lots to learn in vaf land.

Hi Harold,

There are dozens of RVs in the Ottawa area, and many more being built. It should be easy to arrange to see both flying aircraft and projects under construction, and to get flying in one too.

Which model(s) are you interested in? Where do you live?

We've got an Ottawa Area RVators email list that we use to keep in touch with local RV guys. You could sign up and introduce yourself there too.

Thank you all for the warm welcome.
I live in Orleans..an Eastern suburb of Ottawa.
Just amazed at all the options that are now available, mostly the electronics, EFIS etc. WOW...
My first airplane was a tail dragger and have owned some side by sides as well.
I don't see the need for a 4 seater, rather am impressed by the great cross country speeds of most of the RV line.

I was building a Velocity and lost it 23 month into building to arson, I was about to hang a Subaru SVX ...
I don't think I want to actually build again, but maybe rather go with a previously loved plane.

Of course, knowing the builder and his/ her workmanship is a major point here.

As far as models...
The 10 is too $ and has 4 seats, the 12 is a bit on the slower cross country cruise side.
I would love to fly to Florida, Eastern US to visit with Family.
Sorry,I am all over the place here.
So much reference available on this site..love it
Harold

There are lots of RVs on the used market in the USA, and there are folks on VAF who can talk to you about the logistics of importing one into Canada. If you want the newest and shiniest, you'll probably be looking for an RV-7 or RV-9, or the A variants of those. RV-6 and -6As tend to be a lot cheaper to buy, as the market considers them "old", but there is nothing wrong with a well built example of one of those. There are many experienced builders on VAF who could assist with a pre-buy inspection.

Welcome to VAF

Hi Harold,

I have a nice RV-7A out at Carp and would be glad to give you a ride sometime if you want. Just send me a PM on here and I will reply with my email address.

Regards,
Matt

RV-7A (C-GIME)
Ottawa, Carp

Harold - there are several RV's in Carp... You'll see several of their owners/builders posting here. A frequent Carp-based poster is Alfio, aka Lycosaurus, with an RV9A.

It would be helpful to get hooked up with your local EAA chapter, EAA245, located on the field at Carp. Within the membership we have a lot of RV builders, as well as folks building other aircraft types (I'm building a Glasair Sportsman). Drop in to see us at the east end of the field on Sunday mornings, or check us out on the web at
http://www.245.eaachapter.org/

Back