What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ADS-B backorder

bajapilot

Anyone have any idea what's going on with the backorder on the ADS-B? My order has been on backorder status since July. Thanks

Bill

No problem for mine?

You need to call Van's! I ordered mine on August 19, 2013 (a Monday) and had it in my hands, in Texas, three days later! Note, this is from about 3-4 weeks ago! August of THIS year. Here's part of the confirmation email from Vans:

Dear Gary,

Your order at Van's Aircraft Web Store has been received.

Your order will be shipped to:
Gary Robertson
XXXXXXXXXX
Fort Worth, TX 76119
USA

Your web order number is: W13-XXXXXXXXX
Part Number: RV-12 ADS-B KIT
Quantity: 1
Unit Price: 1150.00

Total Price: $1150.00

Bill,

I agree with Gary. I mailed my order & check on Sept. 9 from Albany, NY, snail mail. FedEx delivered the kit to my door on the 18th.

BTW, please see my blog about ADS-B antennae location on RV-12.

Jim R.
N448JR
Flight Testing

Jim & Gary,

Thanks for the heads up. I did call and talked to Barbara. Must have been a bad day, my order to Flightline Interiors also never got conveyed and when I called them they said they've been waiting for two months for me to give my colors to them.

All ok now, got my ABS-D today and Abby is rushing my interior order. Van's was very apologetic and Barbara in her usual efficient manner gets it done. Gotta love that woman.

Jim, what is your blog address?

Bill

Jim & Gary,

Thanks for the heads up. I did call and talked to Barbara. Must have been a bad day, my order to Flightline Interiors also never got conveyed and when I called them they said they've been waiting for two months for me to give my colors to them.

All ok now, got my ABS-D today and Abby is rushing my interior order. Van's was very apologetic and Barbara in her usual efficient manner gets it done. Gotta love that woman.

Jim, what is your blog address?

Bill

You got that right! Both Abbie and Barbara are two very wonderful people! Both have gone above and beyond for me in the past, and service like that is really appreciated in this day and age.

Back