What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

52F RV Heaven??

dillonz1

Wow
What a great suprize I had this saturday morning. I arrived at my flight school early Sat morning to get off early for an hour or so before the oven got turned on high. Low and behold several RV's are parked across the feild at the Blue Hanger Cafe. I fought off the urge to go over there and look and proceeded to the hanger to get my plane preflighted. Alas, the RV god must have interviened as my Mag card would not work on the entry door. Shoot, what to do??? Across the field I go, to RV heaven.
So anyway, I got to see some really nice 8's 7A's and some "other" airplanes too, as man, it was a busy morning at 52F.
The best part was after I took off in my rental 172 the 5 ship formation of RV' s called inbound for a low pass over the field, I was in the downwind crossing over the top for a west departure when they came over the field at 500' and ??? Kts, what a pretty sight, I am hooked, sign me up!!!!

Last edited:
RV Heaven

Mike,

We have a little bit of RV Heaven over at Hicks. The last time I did a drive-by survey, I came up with 29 flying and 5 under construction. That was over a year ago. There are more flying and more under construction today.

You need to come by and get introduced to Jay Pratt. If you've got the bug, he's got the cure! Jay owns RV Central.

Have you had an RV ride yet?

If not, why not?

Just a few months ago I moved from the Flower Mound area to Arkansas. I used to fly out of 52F and visited Hicks quite often. Both are great for RV's and 52F is the toughest loss from the move. It is a great airport and there certainly is no airport around here that comes close to the RV activity. That's ok though....I get my 8 going and it might start something.

Hi Mike!

You have stumbled across one of the more active RV hotbeds in the area. 52F, along with Hicks and a few others are heavily populated with Van's happy little magic carpets.

This morning over six RVs were plowing around in the pattern...pretty normal. I see you live in Flower Mound. PM me your address and I might be able to arrange a RV flyover <g>.

Mike Reddick is right, if you simply stand around Hicks or 52F for a few minutes a RV will taxi by you. You don't have to search very long <g>.

Sat view of 52F:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=roanoke,+tx&ie=UTF8&z=16&ll=33.052091,-97.231708&spn=0.009892,0.026951&t=k&om=1

Welcome again,

Doug

Last edited:
Mike
I actually went over and talked to a couple of the guys out there and discovered a guy from my work has an 8, he used to fly a Bonanza and bought a flying 8 to have some fun. They were doing some formation practice that morning. Iflew into Hicks a couple of weeks ago with my daughter and had my first "train aproach" on 14 with a north bound train.
Anyway, the only reason I have not been up yet is I have not been in the right place at the right time, Clay over in Arlington has a 9a and my # so when better weather and schedules permit I am sure I will get a sample soon. I do plan on getting back over to Hicks soon though and meeting some of you guys Mike, and checking out RV Central.
Mike

RV Flight

Mike D.,

When you finally get that ride in an RV, a good place to advertise your current plane is barnstormers.com . :D

Back