What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Apollo GPS360 parts

rvator51

Well Known Member
I am looking for a source for a new screen for the Apollo GPS360 that fits in an 3 1/8 hole. Does anyone know where I could get a replacement screen or have a non-working GPS360 that I could cannabilize?

I have a 360map that I was going to use in my 8 along with an Apollo SL60.
I get an error message when starting up that says the unit needs service.
I don't know if it's an expensive fix or not but I'm going to just use the SL60 GPS for basic nav and get a 396 for map in the near future. SO the 360 map is just sitting around waiting for an offer.

Jon Thocker
RV4
RV4
RV6A
RV8 cowl just installed
513-583-0094 Cincinnati

jthocker said:
I have a 360map that I was going to use in my 8 along with an Apollo SL60.
I get an error message when starting up that says the unit needs service.
I don't know if it's an expensive fix or not but I'm going to just use the SL60 GPS for basic nav and get a 396 for map in the near future. SO the 360 map is just sitting around waiting for an offer.

Jon Thocker
RV4
RV4
RV6A
RV8 cowl just installed
513-583-0094 Cincinnati
Hi Jon,
I have been doing a little more research and found out that Jeppeson is not listing database updates for the Apollo 360 anymore on their website.
This is a little discouraging since my database is several years old and needs updating. I will open my the GPS this week/weekend and see if the LCD screen is easily replacable or not. If it is, I will make an offer on yours so I can swap screens. Or you can make me an offer on mine so you can put your screen in my GPS and use it instead. :D

rvator51 said:
Hi Jon,
I have been doing a little more research and found out that Jeppeson is not listing database updates for the Apollo 360 anymore on their website.
This is a little discouraging since my database is several years old and needs updating....

Try Garmin. I updated mine just a couple of months ago.

n5lp said:
Try Garmin. I updated mine just a couple of months ago.
Hi Larry,
That is great news. I looked at the Garmin site first and didnt see the 360 listed. I will call Garmin and see what it takes to do an update. Looks like you have to use a laptop PC and a diskette from Garmin?

rvator51 said:
Hi Larry,
That is great news. I looked at the Garmin site first and didnt see the 360 listed. I will call Garmin and see what it takes to do an update. Looks like you have to use a laptop PC and a diskette from Garmin?

That's right. I actually had to buy a USB floppy drive to do this. Not many computers have floppy drives anymore.

n5lp said:
That's right. I actually had to buy a USB floppy drive to do this. Not many computers have floppy drives anymore.
I wonder why they won't let you download the file direct to your computer? Is there some type of copy protection on the floppy so you can only use it once or not transfer the file to your computer? I am going to have to find a floppy drive as well.

Back