What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hangar Space Nearest Boca Raton

EchoCharlie1

Greetings fellow RV'ers,

My better half just moved :( to the Boca/Ft Lauderdale area and in order to keep our sanity, I'll be flying to that area at least twice a month from Friday afternoons until Sunday mid-morning/noonish.

The local rates for overnight hangaring are atrociously high, maybe I'm spoiled with my hangar attached to the house, but even Orlando Exec only charges me 25% of what the guys in Boca want.

Bottom line: I'm looking for some space for the aforementioned timeframe, to fit an RV-6 (see Wikipedia under same model, mine is the black with flames). She does not sit outdoors, not with that paint (art) work. :cool:

Thanks in advance...:D

Frank

You mean this one???

Nice paint job for sure.

300px-VansRV-6withfirepaint.jpg

Paint

Yes, that's the one.

I shan't take the credit for painting it or paying to have it painted, I bought it built and have spent the last four years caring for this work of art.

R/
Frank

Boca Raton wanted $50 for me to launch my jetski in February at a public boat launch. I doubt airport fees are going to ever go on the cheaper side.

We did find a launch in Deerfield Beach for $5 so may be try flying a bit south?

Daviid,

Thanks for the response.

I've checked with Pompano Beach and Ft Lauderdale Exec and neither have overnight hangars available for the transient or period visitor. It's pathetic that either they don't have the service or those that do, charge such rediculous fees. Most GA pilots are not living with an unlimited supply of cash to throw around and yet, the public perception is that we're all a bunch of rich ya-hoos blasting around in the sky with no agenda.

Sorry for the ranting...

Disappointed in FL...:(

Need Hangar Space for Two Nights

Hello fellow RVers,

I'm trying to get to South Florida (Boca Raton area) for Friday August 9 through Sunday August 11. Any help would be greatly appreciated and a return favor of a Hurricane Safe Haven, in North Central Florida (between Ocala and Flagler Beach), if EVER needed.

In advance, thank you.

Best regards,

Back