What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-6 Roll Servo installation

cbennet1

Well Known Member
Hi,

Anyone do an under seat installation and attach to a rib vs through the skin? It seems like it might not be sufficiebtly stable. If so, thoughts and even pics would be appreciated.

Craig

Last edited:
I did the under seat install. There is a doubler plate to reinforce the bottom skin. I've never noticed any problem(s) nor have I ever heard of any problems with that installation. I have the TT servo...

I agree that the skin with doubler installation looks sturdy. A rib install does NOT look like it will be rigid.

I did the under seat install. There is a doubler plate to reinforce the bottom skin. I've never noticed any problem(s) nor have I ever heard of any problems with that installation. I have the TT servo...

+1 on what Kyle said. Also I don't think a rib attachment will be strong enough. On my -6, the servo movement is strong and even flexes the skin, thus the doubler is used.

Another RV-6 here with TruTrack servo under the seat, and doubler plate on the bottom skin. It's plenty solid.

Why not make the double plate a little bit wider and pick up the two ribs ? That should make it plenty stiff ... ?

Back