What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AEG to BOI

roadrunner20

Well Known Member
One of my cross country legs from Florida to Idaho next month will be Albuquerque to Boise.
I was looking at one fuel stop at Heber City (36U).
My route: KAEG-36U-KLGU-U01-KBOI.
My preference is to fly though the south Idaho valley.
Is there another preferred route to Boise from ABQ? Looks to be a lot of restricted area going direct.

Hey Dan,

Going via 36U will put you east of the restricted areas west on the Great Salt Lake. Other than that I don't see any other restrictions other than the MOA's. I fly through those north of the lake in my 10 quite often. Flight following works if you are pretty high in the high terrain areas. A lot of times if the weather is crappy by PUC you can fly a little west to get out of it and fly up I-15 up to SLC than head NW bound.

Let me know when you stop in 36U. I'm based there in my 10.

Hey Dan,

Going via 36U will put you east of the restricted areas west on the Great Salt Lake. Other than that I don't see any other restrictions other than the MOA's. I fly through those north of the lake in my 10 quite often. Flight following works if you are pretty high in the high terrain areas. A lot of times if the weather is crappy by PUC you can fly a little west to get out of it and fly up I-15 up to SLC than head NW bound.

Let me know when you stop in 36U. I'm based there in my 10.

Yes, I wanted to go west of SLC but opted for the 36U route instead. It looks to be a very scenic route going by Park City. I'll be returning via south valley. My son lives in Salt Lake City. If time permits, I'll look for you at 36U.

Back