What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Naples FL Airport Charges

pvalovich

Well Known Member
I was planning to fly into Naples (KAPF) in Sep for a college reunion. Talked to the FBO about overnight tie-down charges for a tiny RV-8A - $21 + $10 if I didn't buy fuel! Discussed with the FBO lady how excessive those charges were - but got the "That's the way it's always been" explanation.

Called the airport manager's office and got the rest of the story. No additional $10 per night add-on. Total charge is $21 per night. And they have gotten a lot of "flak" about their rates so are reevaluating, loking for a price reduction with the 1 Oct new fiscal year.

The assistant airport manager said their rates were only slightly higher than other FL airports. For those who live there, is that true? Still seems like a rip-off to me.

it is a great airport, in a great location, with great ss fuel prices. no other choices in the area. class b c and d always hit you for some$$$$$$. man, am i a positive guy. enjoy your reunion. :):)
:) an you are flying from cali?

Last edited:
Anyone have friends at Wing South? (FA37) Nice little paved airpark a short hop from KAPF. If so, that would be a better option.

Last edited:
Went to Spirit Lake Iowa this last weekend. Small little airport. Tie down fees were $15 for single and $20 for a twin. But it is right next to Iowas biggest summer tourist area.

Naples

It is a ripoff. Going to get worse, the county has decided to lay off 5 of 6 employees at KIMM (one of Collier county airports that includes Naples and Marco) and raise tie down rates. They are also considering a oil well at KIMM (what's the FAA?).
Another case of officials that know nothing about airports deciding what happens at them.
We had one councilman driving on the runways doing a "inspection" and he didn't even have a gate pass. Another was upset when Homeland Security wouldn't give her the terrorism plans for the airports. I guess she thought she is in charge of national security.

mky

try MKY, fuel is more expensive but if you buy fuel, they don't charge for overnights. Great airport, friendly people.

Try the Eaa guys

at NPF. There is an active chapter with members who might have hanger or tiedown space. They are located away from the mainstream at Naples but very accessible.

South FL Rates

I just checked with Boca Raton and they are charging $90/night for an RV-6 in the transient hangar! :mad:

my ame is right on the field at apf. they charge me a 10 fee just to park there for 20 min while i do business with a tenant.

bob burns
RV-4 N82RB

Back