What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SAA Fly-in

rvbldr3170

All,
We are having the first annual Wynkoop Airport SAA (Sport Aviation Association) Fly-in on August 16th, 17th, and 18th at Wynkoop Airport (6G4) in Mount Vernon Ohio.
The SAA, for those unfamiliar, was founded by EAA founder Paul Poberezny, and it has been resurrected under new leadership to promote grass roots flying, The airport is one of the nicest grass strips you will ever see, and we are going to be serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner on Saturday. There is camping available, but no showers. If there are people who would like to come and stay the weekend and would like to stay in a motel, there are several in the surrounding area, and we can send info to those interested. I will post more information as it becomes available, so stay tuned.
You can also check out the website: www.sportaviationassociation.org for further details.

An Update to the SAA Fly-in Info

All,
We are now only 2 weeks away from the first annual summer gathering of the SAA. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner will be available on Saturday August 17th, and we hope to see some campers show up on Friday. As I stated previously, Wynkoop (pronounced Wine-Koop) is one of the nicest grass strips you will ever see.
Please visit the website http://www.sportaviationassociation.org for further details. i.e. motels, car rentals, etc.

Hope to see you there!

My wife and I plan to be there Saturday and Sunday. We won't in our RV14 for obvious reasons:)

Marvin McGraw

I will stop for fuel and bite on Saturday morning. Will walk the line then back in the saddle toward GRR and around Big Lake.

Back