What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Found a jewel of an airport - Freehold, NY

turbo

Well Known Member
nutmegsoaring had there open house event yesterday. the club is 50 years old and got bounced around till 10 years ago when they bought an airport 1I5. it is member run and a great place to become a glider pilot. this airport has it all including a river that parallels the runway with a swimming hole at the end of runway 12. check out my videos and pics from the day.
by the way, why is the glider pilot flying on the left side of the tow plane???????
P1000386.jpg

Last edited:
by the way, why is the glider pilot flying on the left side of the tow plane???????
P1000386.jpg

Was he stationary in that position, or could he be boxing the tow? I was taught that when I got glider instruction in the '80's...

this is a public airport, no permission needed. i would park on the main ramp and walk over to the swimming hole.

i cant believe vman has a pic of the swimming hole all ready! i knew he was attracted to the wet stuff.

the glider is flying a bit to the left to help the tow pilot with the need for right rudder in the climb. you learn something new every day you fly. :)

Back