What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Color codes for PRC DeSoto Aerospace

TClinton

I am planning to prime the metal parts inside my fuselage with DeSoto (a division of PPG) Aerospace with Super Koropon. I plan to paint the interior with a very light Grey matte finish topcoat. I need to find the Paint Code that will tell DeSoto what color I want to use. Does anybody know how I can find out what Color and Code the USAF uses for their fighters or I also like the light grey that Boeing uses behind the engine instruments on their 737's. Any help would be appreciated!![email protected]

Military colors

If you want to mimic a particular USAF aircraft that is still active, you should be able to find the technical order that calls out the paint by mil-spec. Let me know what aircraft you are looking for. I have some colleagues who work for Boeing and may be able to get paint references from them.

I talked to the PPG rep and he recomended primers and paint. I 'm supposed to call him in tthe morning I can forward his phone number if you wish.

Back