What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rainbow Springs FL Tubing

fl-mike

Well Known Member
Was thinking of organizing a tubing trip at Rainbow Springs. Fly into Dunnellon (X35) and somehow get to the springs.
Anyone local there?
Thinking taxi if available unless a local wants to help out.
Never been, so any info is appreciated. Looks like the tubing part is straight forward. Not so sure about airport, transportation, eating, etc.

Thoughts?

Hey Mike,
Dunnellon(X35) is very close to the state launching point for tubing. Weekends are usually very busy and at times there's a waiting list/line to get into the springs. There's no shuttle service from X35 as it's not managed fulltime. I'm about 45 miles from there at KBKV but if there's enough interest, maybe we could arrange transportation.

Let's see how much interest is generated.

Dunnellon is home base for Jesse Saint of Saint Aviation and he posts on here as Jesse.

Search for him since he has an RV builder assist facility there as well.

Best,

This is a great trip. Made it last year with a Cessna and a few friends. Rented a car at the airport and returned it the evening for only 31 bucks. It was a short drive and tons of fun floating down the lazy river... Im in!

Y'all are welcome to stop at X35. Can't offer hangar right now because we are under construction, but there are tiedowns and cheap fuel. I'll provide a car for those that come and can provide a place to stay for some some if you need it. The rainbow is a great river. Feel free to call at 352-427-0285. You may enjoy canoes or kayaks better, but either way you'll have fun.

Interested

Keep us posted on the tubing trip. Rainbow River Springs/River is a great hot weather destination.

If the calendar is free, I'm in!

And Dunnellon is only about 25 minutes from me.

Now if we can just get Jesse to come visit us in Zephyrhills.

I was just in Zephyr the other day. Come up & visit sometime. I work at the airport, so I'm there most of the time.

Didn't get a PM. If you sent an email, my computer at work might have filed it away before it came to my ipad/iPhone. I'll check when I get in.

Edit: No email found. Please send an email or a PM again.

Last edited:
Zephyrhills

Jesse
I gave you and your Dad the RV-9A ride last year in Dunnellon. Rare that I can get away during the week but may run up one weekend day to say hello.

Carl,

Thanks for reminding me of that. I actually didn't get a chance to fly with you that day, but my dad did. While he wasn't as impressed with the -9A as I was hoping he would be, he is much more enthusiastic as he gets reports from me on how well it flies and how economical it is. As you may or may not know, his days of non-light-sport flying are over, but he is still very interested in all aspects of flying and aviation. He is just living out some of those interests through me.

Give me a call (352-427-0285) if you can make it up sometime and we will fly eachother's -9A's to see how similar they are. This is the only one I have flown, and really like it, but it's always nice to verify that it flies the way it should.

Back