What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What are all the different types of rockets?

pmathews

I've always been curious about rockets and would like to find out some more info on them. Can someone give me a link to a site that would explain all the different types of rockets? I see and hear about EVO, F1 etc... My understanding is that they are RV-4s with bigger engines and different wings (among other things).

Thanks
Patrick

A Rocket usually means a Harmon Rocket which is a modified RV-4 that starts with the Vans kit and is modified with John Harmon's mods to put an IO-540 in it, clip the wings some and build up the area behind the canopy for aerodynamics. The other 'Rocket' is called an F1 Rocket. It is a fastbuild only kit developed my Mark Frederick. It is designed for the IO-540 and has either the clipped wings like a Harmon Rocket or the new "EVO" wing that Mark has developed. All 3 airplanes are AWESOME but have different stregth's and weaknesses. Go to www.teamrocketaircraft.com for a more detailed explanation, pictures, etc. This is just a quick and dirty answer.

Back