What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any RV-10's using the Sam James cowl?

tnelson

Well Known Member
Doing some advanced research to see if any -10 builders have gone with the Sam James cowl and or plenum. Any info or pictures out there?

Thanks,

Todd,
I have asked this question here and on the Matronics list. The answer seems to be none flying yet, but one that should be close to flying. I am interested in the SJ cowl as well.

Sam James Cowl

Hi Todd:

Are you asking about the James cowl that is going to be used with our Cold Air Induction on the -10? Think so. If so, let me give you a quick update.

Spoke with Will James last week. He is back in the office and working after two surgeries. He expects the cowl to be in production by the end of September. Gary Foster is the first cowl and there are 8-10 other builders who have ordered their engines with our cold air induction and will be using the modified cowl.

If you want any specs on what the mods are for the system, drop me a note, and I'll get the information for you. Working from home at the moment and don't have the specs with me.

Rhonda Barett-Bewley
Barrett Precision Engines, Inc.

Back