What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel capacitor converter question

More detailed info needed. What/who’s fuel gauge or EIS are you using? You mean not a float but capacitance setup? Me, no converter , what is it converting

More detailed info needed. What/who’s fuel gauge or EIS are you using? You mean not a float but capacitance setup? Me, no converter , what is it converting
I am using glass advance panel with an Engine Monitoring Controller. Yes, no float. Using capacitance setup. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_6726.jpeg
    IMG_6726.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 29
Here's a vote against the Dynon converters. I couldn't get them to work well. They worked, just didn't have enough resolution mid-range to show correct fuel levels as they only used a small portion of the 0-5V range.

I replaced them with the Princeton 2-point converters, and those have worked beautifully for a decade now. I believe they may be under a different name now, you'll have to ask someone else. They do require power, ground and signal wires, though. +5V IIRC.

Yes, Red Avionics has the one you need to work with Advanced Flight System Monitor. "Vans Plates Converter"
That is what I have. You can see pictures though out my website.

Last edited:
Here's a vote against the Dynon converters. I couldn't get them to work well. They worked, just didn't have enough resolution mid-range to show correct fuel levels as they only used a small portion of the 0-5V range.

I replaced them with the Princeton 2-point converters, and those have worked beautifully for a decade now. I believe they may be under a different name now, you'll have to ask someone else. They do require power, ground and signal wires, though. +5V IIRC.
Exactly how bad are the Dynon converters? Thats what I bought to integrate in my G3X system based on the recommendation of my Avionics guy. I know they work, but I haven't calibrated my fuel tanks yet to see how accurate they may or may not be.

They were $100 for a ship set vs. $400 for the RED ones, so unless they really, really suck I'll probably stick with them.

I calibrated my gauges in 5 gal. increments in both level and 3 point attitudes. Float gauges tend to read full until you have burned 5 gals. or so then are reasonably accurate. The Dynon converters have been trouble free and I consider them accurate within 2 gallons.

Back