What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

coolant hose spring

PMLviator

I'm trying to put the spring in the new one inch silicone hose and it only goes in half way then completely stops. I've poured in Joy dish soap, Tide liquid soap and liquid hand soap. While twisting the spring it stops at ten inches.
Does anyone have any ideas that I can try?
Thanks for the help!

query for "coolant spring" and there are a number of references to pliers used to remove/install the small coolant hoses.

It helps to slightly bend the leading tip of the spring inwards so it doesn't dig into the inside of the hose.

David, yes I did bend the end so it wouldn't dig in. Tom, I clamped a pair of vice grips to the end to twist it in, but it just won't go.
Thanks guys!

David, yes I did bend the end so it wouldn't dig in. Tom, I clamped a pair of vice grips to the end to twist it in, but it just won't go.
Thanks guys!
One thing to try…after you have the spring an hose interior lubed with soap and water, twist the spring “backwards” (as if you’re trying to screw it out of the hose) while simultaneously pushing the spring inward. The backward twisting reduces the spring diameter very slightly to reduce friction.. I’ve always been able to get in in using this method.

Back