What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Almost a RV14 Seat Mod

edstepec

I'm seeking if anyone would allow me to sit in their RV with Alans RV14 Seat Mod. I have an RV6A and considering the mod. If you want to visit Pine Hollow, OR (32OR) on Memorial Weekend as my guest, I would be forever grateful. We have 2 RV's on the field and as my guest, you can expect free coffee, great aviation conversation. Thanks all.

Basically moves the seatback back a few inches and allows you to add another hinge for the seat bottom aft of the existing. I'm 6'2" and it gave me great comfort. :)

I'm seeking if anyone would allow me to sit in their RV with Alans RV14 Seat Mod. I have an RV6A and considering the mod. If you want to visit Pine Hollow, OR (32OR) on Memorial Weekend as my guest, I would be forever grateful. We have 2 RV's on the field and as my guest, you can expect free coffee, great aviation conversation. Thanks all.
I am 6'3" 200lb and have an RV-6A up at Goheen airport in Battle Ground WA
I installed the RV-14 mod with the cable over the top for the canopy latch release and Allen's easy out bar and redid my panel to remove the 1 1/2" angle on the bottom. I have plenty of room now. I also added two more strips of hinge at the bottom of the seat back to allow it to move back also.
Big problem is I'm heading to California on Tuesday so won't be around for awhile.
My luck varies FIXIT

Basically moves the seatback back a few inches and allows you to add another hinge for the seat bottom aft of the existing. I'm 6'2" and it gave me great comfort. :)

Bearman - What did you need to do about the lap belt mounts? Looking at them, moving the bottom of the seat back further aft runs into my harness mounts.

Bearman - What did you need to do about the lap belt mounts? Looking at them, moving the bottom of the seat back further aft runs into my harness mounts.
I don't remember that I had a problem with my harness mounts. The modification was on an aircraft I no longer own so I can't look at it but I do remember I didn't modify my mounts. I added one hinge aft at the same spacing as the other existing hinges.

Oh, that was an easy fix. I've been using routers for the last 50 years so out comes a router and a carbide bit and routed a slot in the seat bottom on the inside of the support angle. Threaded the seat belt through. Done problem solved
My luck varies FIXIT

Back