What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Plexus windshield cleaner

At the moment for us, Vuplex is the only game in town. I have found Vuplex to be not as good as Plexus. I tend to use a lot more to get the same bug guts removal effect, and the press nozzle seems to be one that is prone to blocking up and a bit of an awkward design that doesn’t lend itself to an even press down. Vuplex is cheaper but I use more, (or waste it when the can is nearly empty,the nozzle clogs up, and I give up in frustration ).

You can pry the nozzle off and replace it with one you've liberated from a can of bug spray.

- mark

At the moment for us, Vuplex is the only game in town. I have found Vuplex to be not as good as Plexus. I tend to use a lot more to get the same bug guts removal effect, and the press nozzle seems to be one that is prone to blocking up and a bit of an awkward design that doesn’t lend itself to an even press down. Vuplex is cheaper but I use more, (or waste it when the can is nearly empty,the nozzle clogs up, and I give up in frustration ).

Don H
Sydney, Aus
I haven't been able to find Plexus either but Vuplex has been the next best thing. The way I use it is to first remove the bug guts with a light spray of mild car wash diluted in a spray trigger bottle and clean water in a bucket and a microfibre cloth. After the surfaces are cleaned I follow up with spray of Vuplex and wipe clear. This removes any water marks and leaves a protective film that makes it easier to remove the bugs the next time around.
The bugs clean off easier right after flying, rather than maybe a day or two later when they are fully dried on and stuck.

Last edited:
I have found Vuplex to be not as good as Plexus. I tend to use a lot more to get the same bug guts removal effect...

Don H
Sydney, Aus
With the bugs you guys have in Australia I think its surprising you don't need to use paint stripper to get them off your windscreen...! :D

Back